Thursday 12 April 2012

Wednesday; hump day or pump day?

I am pretty busy trying to get this whole paleo thing organised- I feel like I've spent the last 2 days cooking ;)
I made an amazing, kick arse pumpkin and sweet potato soup which I tweaked with a little bit of freshly grated ginger, garlic, garam marsala and all spice. It was amazingly yummy (pics to follow when I get my shit together).
Then I cooked up about 1 1/2 kg of free range chicken fillets, a beef stew, chicken meatballs and sliced up a heap of veggies. I must admit, it has made life easier having so much stuff prepared beforehand.
My biggest stumbling block is breakfast. I have had a piece of sour dough toast and vegimite with a cup of tea every day for years and rarely do anything more filling or complex than that but now I am having to deal with eating something early in the day when I don't really feel like it.
Breakfast today was a banana, organic almond milk, WPI, a dash of maple syrup and a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and it was pretty bloody yummy but I don't know if I will be able to handle something like that every day. So we shall see.


Anyway, I did my second crossfit session today and feel great. It's funny, I feel so exhilarated after a work out, I just want to turn around and do it all again!
Looking forward to tomorrow's challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)