Thursday 14 August 2014

The case of the vanishing blog posts... and a few more swatches

Hello all, how are we on this (hopefully) lovely day? I seem to have a bit of a mystery on my hands, because my last post has vanished *poof* from my blog. How strange is that? I am really confuzzled and am wondering if I hallucinated writing my last entry, but I'm pretty certain I really did write it, so it's all very strange.
I guess this means I need to upload all those photos again, grrrr.

Well, there's no helping it, so here, yet again, is my review of "Wham Bam" the partner to "Thank you Mam" by Shades of Phoenix a great little Aussie indie polish maker.




Unlike "Thank You Mam", "Wham Bam" is a glitter bomb in a clear base, so it's best layered over an undie if you want to wear it as a full mani, or it can also be used in a glitter gradient or as a feature nail. Application wise this is a dabber as the glitter pay off is very heavy, but it is in no way difficult to apply, just dab instead of using strokes and you'll be fine. I would advise that you wait a couple of minutes between coats to avoid dragging or accidentally lifting polish that you have already laid down, and you'll also want a couple of coats of top coat to smooth it all out and seal the deal.



This is such a bright and gorgeous glitter bomb and the colour is to die for, a rich and vibrant turquoise that flashes with green and blue as the light hits it and the formula's great too.
To be honest there's really nothing much to add, I think it's really pretty and I love glitter gradients, so this is a definite "yes" polish for me.
Wham Bam and Thank You Mam are a limited addition pair over at Shades of Phoenix however I'm not sure if they're still available (I can't see them on their site). If they're no longer available I can tell you that Spinach/Mint Leaf is another amazing glitter bomb, this time a deep emerald green in a tinted base, and it's definitely worth acquiring if you like greens and/or glitter. Their more subtle shades, such as Earl Grey/Sardine are also very lovely, so there really is something for everyone.

I know this is a short entry, but I think the photos speak for themselves, so there's really not much for me to say except I like it and Shades of Phoenix are well worth checking out if you like indie polishes.

Until next time (which should be tomorrow as I have an obscene amount of polish to swatch and share) take care, I hope you're all well and I'll see you soon.

And as always, ~love and glitter for all~

Em xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)