Monday 15 September 2014

Glam Polish have the Cast a Spell II collection coming out, so here's some from the original Cast a Spell to whet your appetite

Hi everyone, how are you all? I'm super excited because one of my favourite polish makers, Glam Polish, have a new collection coming out very soon- the Cast a Spell II collection.
OMG you guys, I am just soooo stoked about this one, it looks amazing.
And so, in anticipation of this new lot of lacquers being released, I thought I'd show you some from the original Cast a Spell collection, although I'm going to divide this post into two lots as I have a lot of pics and need to whittle them down to a more manageable number (one of the joys of being incredibly indecisive is ending up with 100+ pics of each polish because they all look so nice, you just can't decide which ones to keep).

Anyway, first up is this stunner- High Priestess.
This is a bright, almost icy blue polish with lots of sparkle and holo goodness. There's also these divine little iridescent, mini circle glitters, which are a running theme in the polishes of this collection (I think Tempestarii is the only one with out them, but trust me, it's still a complete knockout).


High Priestess
The second polish I want to show you today is Book of Shadows, a gorgeous dark blue lacquer with the same qualities as High Priestess- lots of fine glitter, holo and teeny-tiny circle glitter. I am definitely starting to warm to dark blues and this is one of the reasons why... I love it.



Book of Shadows
What a stunner, hey? And sunlight makes it sparkle like nobody's business, and in the shade it looks deep and glossy and mysterious. Love it!

And finally today, last but most definitely not least is the absolutely beautiful Tempestarii. This is a lush, deep, eggplant purple, filled with shimmer and holo and... well, what seems like magic. I seriously could not stop taking photos of this; inside, outside, in the shade, in the sun... I was just so excited by how amazing it looked in any, and every, light.







Tempestarii
Each and every polish in this collection applied beautifully, with two coats providing more than enough coverage, although I did use three thin coats with some, just to get more depth (and because I'm greedy for glitter). Because they are so full of sparkly goodness they do need a coat of top coat, but unlike a lot of glitter polishes one was enough to provide a nice, smooth, glossy finish.
With Glam Polish the formulas are so consistently good that I sometimes forget to even mention them, but trust me- viscosity is always spot on, never too thick or thin. The polish is always strongly pigmented so you don't have to go over and over to get good coverage, the colours are true and rich... I guess that's why I'm so excited, because I know that this next release is going to be just as magical, if not more so, than this last one.

Pre orders for Cast a Spell II are starting on the 17th of September, with standard orders starting on the 24th.
Glam Polish also have a Halloween duo ready for pre order on the same date, so check that out too. And unlike Cast a Spell I, which contained 5 polishes, Cast a Spell II contains a whopping 9 gorgeous lacquers to keep you happy.
I am over the moon with the shades Rachel and co have come up with for this release, there's a little something for everyone imho (or, if you're like me, every single one is exactly what you want haha).

 Anyway, that's it for today, but I will do my best to finish this tomorrow and show you Coven, a scintillating red, and Conjuring, an amazing emerald green which rounds out the original collection.

In the meantime, go check out the gorgeous wares over at Glam Polish, there's a heap of fab polishes there to keep you busy until the 17th- Maleficent is a personal favourite, which I really should double up on, because I will cry if I ever run out.

I hope everyone is doing well, spring is in the air for those of us in the Southern hemisphere, whilst Autumn is turning the leaves up in the Northern part of the globe. But where ever you may reside, as always, ~love and polish for all~

Em xox








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)