Friday 25 April 2014

Starry, starry night... a blingy stamped mani over Celestial Cosmetics "Birth of a Star"

Howdy,
I did a nice mani the other day using Celestial Cosmetics "Birth of a Star" but, as per usual, I simply couldn't leave it alone haha

So, I decided to have a play with some of the stamping plates I bought on the Born Pretty website.
I'll be honest, I don't think the plates are that good- the image doesn't seem to have been etched in deep enough, so the stamp doesn't have a strong image to lift.
But this particular stamp was a bit better than the rest and the star image seemed like the perfect companion to the polish, what with all the star references and holographic sparkles.

I decided to throw my Color Club flakie topcoat on over the stamped stars and also applied some tiny silver studs (and a couple of rhinestones on my little finger) to complete the look.









Celestial Cosmetics "Birth of a Star"

I am really pleased with how this mani turned out :D
I'm not too good with nail stamping as I've only played with it a few times and I really need to practice, but this worked out well, if I do say so myself.

Yes, it's blingy and busy and OTT but I don't care- I like it when my nails stand out, it's one of the few really "girly" things I do and I figure if you're gonna do it at all, you might as well do it 110%

TBH I can't wait 'til my nails are long enough to do some serious OTT manicures... the blingier the better *wheeeee!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read people's feedback, questions or general observations so please don't be shy, comments are always welcome :)